Monday 4 June 2012

Mesh-analysis - Loop-analysis -Maxwell's Current Analysis | Electrical

Mesh-analysis/Loop-analysis/Maxwell's Current Analysis

Mesh-analysis may also be known as “Loop-analysis” or “Close-loop method” or “Maxwell’s current analysis”. It is used to finding current in each loop’s by which we can easily find out the value of individual current/voltage/power in each resistances of the given circuit.

Method of solving problem by using Mesh-analysis:-

Step 1st:-Let us considered a circuit as,
Step 2nd:-Firstly identifying total no. of independent loops in the given circuit. In the above circuit, the given circuit forms three closed loops. But actual only two are independent of each other.

Step 3rd:-Now, we flows current in the identified independent loop as our convenience (either in clockwise or in anti-clockwise). But flows current must be in same direction in all the independent loops. As shown below,
Step 4th:-After flowing of current, we are applying KVL in both the independent loops.
Applying KVL in loop 1st:-

V-I1R1-I1R5-I1R6+I2R6=0
I1 ± I2 = _    ···················· (1)


Again, Applying KVL in loop 2nd:-

-I2R2-I2R3-I2R4- I2R6+I1R6=0
I1 ± I2 = _    ···················· (2)

Step 5th:- On solving, eqn(1) & eqn(2), we can easily find the value of ‘I1’ & ‘I2’ in the given circuit.

NOTE:-  In Mesh-analysis, we can only read voltage source because in this we applied KVL which indicates that we are studying about voltage.

If a circuits having current source, we have to first convert it into voltage source as if possible.

No comments: