Monday 29 October 2012

Solved problem based on Norton’s Theorem

Solved problem based on Norton’s Theorem

Ques.) Find-out the value of current in 4Ω resistance for the given network by using Norton’s Theorem?
thevenin and norton theorem solved problems pdf

Sol.) For finding value of current through 4Ω resistance, we follow same steps discussed in Previous Post.

For finding RL: -
Here, RL= 4Ω

For finding RN: - For finding RN, Just find-out equivalent b/w removed load-resistance. Like as:-
norton's theorem solved problems with dependent sources
For finding IN/IS.C: -
norton's theorem solved problems with dependent sources
 Short-circuited Pt. A and Pt.  B, we have
how to solve dependent source in the circuit

When we Short-circuited then all current diverted through Short-circuited path and parallel resistances will remove. Like this:-
dependent current source problems
 Applying kvl in loop 1st:-
8-2I1-2I1-2I1+2I2 =0
-6I1+2I2 = -8 ··············· (1)
Applying kvl in loop 2nd:-
-2I2-2I2-2I2+2I1 =0
2I1-6I2 = 0    ··············· (2)

On solving, we get
I1 = 1.5A & I2 = 0.5A
Here, I2= Is.c/ IN = 0.5A

Now, the Norton’s equivalent circuit is,
dependent source problems with solutions

1 comment: