Sunday 16 December 2012

Solved Problem Based On Maximum Power Transfer Theorem

Solved Problem Based On Maximum Power Transfer Theorem
Ques.) Find the value of RL for the given network below that the power is maximum? And also find the Max Power through load-resistance RL by using maximum power transfer theorem?
Solved Problem Based On Maximum Power Transfer Theorem
Solution: -
steps to solve maximum power transfer theorem

For the above network, we are going to find-out the value of unknown resistance called “RL”. In previous post, I already show that when power is maximum through load-resistance is equals to the equivalent resistance between two ends of load-resistance after removing.
So, for finding load-resistance RL. We have to find-out the equivalent resistance like that for this circuit:-
maximum power transfer theorem with dependent sources
maximum power transfer theorem with dependent sources
maximum power transfer theorem experiment
Now, For finding Maximum Power through load-resistance we have to find-out the value of Vo.c.
Here, Vo.c is known as voltage between open circuits.
So, steps are:-
maximum power transfer theorem proof
For this circuit using Mesh-analysis. We get
Applying Kvl in loop 1st:-
6-6I1-8I1+8I2=0
-14I1+8I2=-6         ∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙ (1)
Again, Applying Kvl in loop 2nd:-
-8I2-5I2-12I2+8I1=0
8I1-25I2=0             ∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙ (2)
On solving,eqn (1) & eqn (2), We get
I1 = 0.524 A
I2 = 0.167 A
Now, From the circuit Vo.c is
VA-5I2- VB = 0
Vo.c/ VAB= 5I2 = 5X0.167 = 0.835v
So, the maximum power through the RL is given by:-
maximum power transfer theorem for ac circuits pdf

5 comments:

Unknown said...

what is Va and Vb ? when you say that "now,from the circuit Vo.c is" plz reply

Admin said...

A/w,Wasif Hafeez.For finding,voltage across open circuit,(i.e Vo.c),we
have to go thru point A to point B or you can go thru point B to point
A,by using mesh method.It will give you voltage across Vab.Here,Va and
Vb are voltage at that pt A and B respectively.here only required voltage across that removed
resistance which is known as 'load-resistance Rl' as Vo.c/Vab.plz,read
this website thruout.It will be clear your concept,insha allah.

Admin said...

Thanks,Leslie Lim for your valuable comment.
i hope you will also f9.

Admin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You have a very good presentation of the solution of the problem. Thank you Sir! :)